LiveStack Image calibration

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
mintakax

LiveStack Image calibration

Post by mintakax »

I have terrible vignetting in the individual raw files that are saved when LiveStacking as well as in the stack. I have what appears to be a pretty decent Master flat with dark frames subtracted (done with the same gain and camera temp as the light images). I also have a master dark done with same exposure, gain and temp as lights. Both of these are entered in the correct preprocessing slots for flat and dark.

As I understand it, the rawfiles saved during live stacking (save all) are not calibrated. Is this correct? If so, can I use the camera monitor offline to bring these rawfiles into the stack and see what effect the calibration has? When I do this now, I do not see a difference between putting "none" in the Flats preprocessing field or putting in the master flat. I hope I have explained sufficiently what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for this most wonderful software!!

Dan
admin
Site Admin

Re: LiveStack Image calibration

Post by admin »

Hi Dan,

yes, you are correct that the RAW files are unprocessed.

You can process those frames with SharpCap's folder monitor camera - select the raw frames folder as the source for the folder monitor camera and also select your dark/flat into the pre-processing controls. You should now see the effects of the dark/flat (but you have to make the folder monitor camera show another frame by using the forward/back controls - the changes are not applied to the frame that is currently displayed when you alter the dark/flat controls).

Hope this helps,

Robin
mintakax

Re: LiveStack Image calibration

Post by mintakax »

Thank you Robin!
Best,
Dan