ROI suggestions

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
bvalente

Re: ROI suggestions

Post by bvalente »

Thanks Robin - When i tried to use this without the mount connected i was unable to gude with just ROI (i do use the feature as you described it with my mount connected and it works fine). maybe that was the fix in latest update

Brian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Brian,

yes, the fix was that the guide button was not becoming enabled in ROI tracking mode (even though everything was all set up for guiding to actually work). Now fixed.

cheers,

Robin
bvalente

Post by bvalente »

Hi Robin

i just wanted to say the latest ROI and related features is working like a charm. It seems you added a 'snap to center' on the feature tracking, which is super helpful.

thanks

Brian
Tiago Ferreira

Post by Tiago Ferreira »

Kahless wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 pm That is only possible with Ascom or tracking.
I only have Dobsonian telescopes that can be moved manually.

So the point is that I can only hold the planet in the entire field of view of the camera, but without ROI I have very few fps.
With ROI I have high fps, but manually can't manage to keep the planet in the field of view.

Hence the desire for a ROI that moves with the planet in the entire field of view of the camera.

I don't know if and how it works, but since you can already center the planet within the image, it should also be possible to tell the ROI to move throughout the camera's field of view so that the planet stays in the ROI.
Is that possible?

Mario
+1
I vote for this. With my manual dobs and specially with larger FOV cameras which turns the ROI almost impossible to move smoothly with a mouse, it would be GREAT to allow us to click on the ROI and just move it with the arrow keys.
Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/@DobsonianPower

12" f/5 Dobsonian GSO
8" f/6 Dobsonian GSO
6" f/5 Dobsonian Go-To Virtuoso Gti
Dwarf II Smart Telescope
Geoptik Eartha Eq Platform
ZWO ASI224MC + ZWO ASI294MC
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

keyboard shortcuts for moving the ROI make sense - I will look into it.

Did you notice that you can draw an ROI using the selection rectangle in the latest beta versions? There is a select ROI button next to the capture area dropdown, which brings up the selection box. Move it as desired and then press the button again (which will have changed to 'Apply ROI') and you are done.

cheers,

Robin
Tiago Ferreira

Post by Tiago Ferreira »

admin wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:54 pm Hi,

keyboard shortcuts for moving the ROI make sense - I will look into it.
Desperately need this. I think it's the only moment i get stressed with SP, trying to keep the planet clicking in super small Pan and Tilt arrows.
Please please please....
Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/@DobsonianPower

12" f/5 Dobsonian GSO
8" f/6 Dobsonian GSO
6" f/5 Dobsonian Go-To Virtuoso Gti
Dwarf II Smart Telescope
Geoptik Eartha Eq Platform
ZWO ASI224MC + ZWO ASI294MC
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oddly this turned out already to exist...

Click on the ROI area control on the right (but not on the actual rectangle that you drag around to move the ROI - just anywhere else on the control). Once you have done that, the keyboard focus is on the ROI control and you can use the arrow keys to move the ROI around. It moves 8 pixels at a time.

cheers,

Robin
aquariusCZ

Post by aquariusCZ »

Yesterday I shot Jupiter by moving the ROI using a script.
viewtopic.php?t=5118