SCv4.0.9208 (and recent)

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
celkins

SCv4.0.9208 (and recent)

Post by celkins »

Robin,
an observation of behavior that may be a bug: in the attached screenshot, you can see that I have an auto refocus running in each instance of SharpCap, but, and here's the question - there is only one refocus progress window. Now I've seen this in several recent versions, going back, as far as I can recall, to the introduction of the auto-refocus. Try as I might, I cannot find another progress window hiding anywhere...

Thanks for a wonderful program,
Carl.
Attachments
SC_refocusWindows (Large)_log1.txt
(28.99 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
SC_refocusWindows (Large)_log2.txt
(51.86 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
SC_refocusWindows (Large).jpg
SC_refocusWindows (Large).jpg (380.91 KiB) Viewed 768 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: SCv4.0.9208 (and recent)

Post by admin »

Hi,

well that's weird - the two should not in any way interact with each other (unless you try to open the same hardware in both). I just tried and I *do* get two progress windows as long as I use the refocus button in both.

The only thing I can think of is that the code is designed to place the refocus window over the right hand side of the main window (covering the controls rather than the image). If your main window is going off screen, then maybe the refocus window is offscreen.

cheers,

Robin
celkins

Post by celkins »

Thanks, Robin, that could be the case, since this window opens in the left side of the display, and then I move it to the right, so it could be opening off screen: is there any way to check this - I’ve tried hovering over the icons in the task bar, minimising windows, showing the desktop task view, but I can’t see any indication of multiple windows?

Cheers,
Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Carl,

can't think of one... Normally you can recover a 'lost' window by pressing Alt+Space, M, left arrow, then moving the mouse. However that relies on being able to focus the window first (ie select it in the taskbar) and also on the window in question having a system menu. Neither apply in this case.

I will pop in some extra code to make sure the progress window ends up on the monitor and see if that helps.

cheers,

Robin
celkins

Post by celkins »

This is still occurring with .9382: would it be possible to make the notification bar close button function as a <cancel> for the autofocus dialogue?
[this feels like asking for the opposite of something that we discussed a while back, but I think there’s a slight difference in the actions]

Thanks,
Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Carl,

actually, wiring up the cancel button from the notifications is tricky (at least to make it reliable), since there will be a mixture of notifications from the refocus and ones from the underlying focus scan (which have no idea about the refocus). It would all get very messy :(

I will have another go at solving the vanishing window problem - this time going to add some code that moves it back onscreen if it gets moved offscreen to see if that does the trick.

cheers,

Robin