Windows 11

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Buckrogers

Windows 11

Post by Buckrogers »

Hey Guys,

Are there any known issues with using Sharpcap in Windows 11? Yesterday I installed Sharpcap 32 bit on my new laptop. It detected my camera ASI224MC but when click on the live mode button to highlight it remains in still mode frame. Infact, when I switch to the built in camera on my laptop, live mode doesn't operate, everything is in still mode. I installed the latest drivers for ASI 3.19. Changing the gain and exposure has no difference. The histogram reacts to when I cover the camera sensor but the image is still in still mode even when I switch to live mode.When I try this on another 3rd party software tool like Nina, I have no issues. Any thoughts? I have done a complete uninstall/reinstall.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 11

Post by admin »

Hi,

try out some of the steps in USB troubleshooting list (link above in the orange box) to see if it is a problem with the camera communicating with the new laptop.

The latest versions of SharpCap also try to use graphics card acceleration to speed up things - this means that if you are having issues with the display not updating then it is worth checking that your graphics card drivers are up to date, and if that doesn't help then untick the 'Use graphics card acceleration to improve display performace ... ' option in the first page of the settings and then restart SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin
Buckrogers

Post by Buckrogers »

Thanks Robin, that's what it was. I unchecked use graphics card acceleration to improve display performance. Now I can see live view :)

cheers.
Tblog

Post by Tblog »

FYI: Same symptoms, same solution.
New Surface 8 pro, win 11 pro, latest version.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

interesting ... Any chance you can post what graphics card you have and what version of the drivers you have installed? It would just be good to collect this sort of info for computers that have the problem to see if a pattern emerges.

cheers,

Robin
Buckrogers

Post by Buckrogers »

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
Driver Date: 2021-07-23
Driver version: 27.20.100.9624
GPU memory 3.9GB
Tblog

Post by Tblog »

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
Driver version: 27.20.100.9624 (yep...)
GPU memory 1.0GB

Win 11 Pro, Surface 8 Business
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

It's possible that those graphics drivers are out-of-date. The Intel graphics driver download is now at version 31.0.101.3222, so quite a big version difference. However the page for the download does say that the actual driver version depends on product in use.

Anyway, here is the link - it may be interesting to see if downloading and installing this helps at all : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... =iris%20xe

cheers,

Robin
Buckrogers

Post by Buckrogers »

Hi Robin,

Interesting. I'll upgrade the driver and let you guys know.
Buckrogers

Post by Buckrogers »

Hey guys,

I upgraded the drivers and presto it works now with graphic acceleration turned on.

Thank you.