Min processor requirement
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:10 pm
Hi All,
I am planning a move from controlling my rig from a laptop to controlling a mini-pc on the tripod/ota.
I am curious to hear your thoughts on minimum processor capability. In addition to running NINA, and PHDH2 via EQMOD / native ZWO camera drivers (I run a cooled OSC, guide cam, mount, and EAF,) I would also like to simultaneously SharCap-Pro LikeStacking (including dark and flat corrections.)
Would an i5 be underpowered? Is an i7 overkill? Is 8GB of memory enough, or does it need to be 16GB? Lastly, for SSD - 256GB or 512GB preferred, or can I get away with 128GB.
I know the adage get as much compute power as you can budget for, but I'm trying to get a sense of the minimum involved.
Thanks, and Clear Skies!
--Paul
I am planning a move from controlling my rig from a laptop to controlling a mini-pc on the tripod/ota.
I am curious to hear your thoughts on minimum processor capability. In addition to running NINA, and PHDH2 via EQMOD / native ZWO camera drivers (I run a cooled OSC, guide cam, mount, and EAF,) I would also like to simultaneously SharCap-Pro LikeStacking (including dark and flat corrections.)
Would an i5 be underpowered? Is an i7 overkill? Is 8GB of memory enough, or does it need to be 16GB? Lastly, for SSD - 256GB or 512GB preferred, or can I get away with 128GB.
I know the adage get as much compute power as you can budget for, but I'm trying to get a sense of the minimum involved.
Thanks, and Clear Skies!
--Paul