Seeing Monitor captures FITS not AVIs anymore

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Starry Jack

Seeing Monitor captures FITS not AVIs anymore

Post by Starry Jack »

When I use SEEING MONITOR sometimes it captures AVI (desired) and sometimes FITS (not desired). My settings seem to indicate saved files are AVI (desired). I do not change settings between sessions.

How do I consistently get AVI files when I use Seeing Monitor?

I am on v4.0.8949.0

Thanks,
Jack
StarryHost
admin
Site Admin

Re: Seeing Monitor captures FITS not AVIs anymore

Post by admin »

Hi Jack,

The output format setting in the 'Capture Format and Area' block of the controls may be set to FITS sometimes (perhaps because you have been using FITS for something else) - that controls the capture format, and if it is set will override any defaults - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#!2!Cap ... and%20Area

If the output format is in 'auto' mode then it will choose your default video format for short exposures (<2s) and your default still format for longer exposures (>2s). The defaults can be set in the settings - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Configuring%20SharpCap (now on the 'Saving' page).

You may find you want to use the auto option to switch into AVI when you have short exposures, or maybe you want to turn that off. You can change the option 'Start cameras in Auto output format' in the saving settings depending on whether you want auto to be the default.

cheers,

Robin
Starry Jack

Post by Starry Jack »

Thank you, Robin. As soon as I connect a camera I will check this out and reply to it. I am traveling this week.

Cheers,
Jack
StarryHost
Starry Jack

Post by Starry Jack »

Thank you. It seems consistent now. I find I need to routinely check the AUTO setting and it only rarely reverts to FITS. At least I have a workflow now. :)

Jack
StarryHost