Ascom.DSLR EOS 1000Da Problem

PCase3

Ascom.DSLR EOS 1000Da Problem

Post by PCase3 »

Hi all,

I have a Problem with using both of my dslrs. My EOS 200D works well, but i am not able to get my 1000Da to work with sharpcap.

No matters if one or both cameras connected at the same time.

Ascom error log tells something like camera disconnected and sharpcap tells comport in use.

My 1000Da works with N.I.N.A and backyardeos, so i think its a ascom Problem.

Thanks for your help
PCase
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ascom.DSLR EOS 1000Da Problem

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with the 1000Da model - I have a 600D and 700D and I can *usually* get them to work using ASCOM.DSLR, but not always reliably. There is a thread on cloudy nights where ASCOM.DSLR is discussed - you may find suggestions there : https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/7076 ... ntax-sony/

Unfortunately it seems that the developer who was writing ASCOM.DSLR has not updated it for some time, so it has become rather a case of 'if it works, great, if it doesn't then there may be no answer' :(

cheers,

Robin
PCase3

Post by PCase3 »

Hi Robin/all,

i got the problem solved:

My first attempt focused on EOS Utility. For my EOS 1000D i needed EOS Utility 2, which i wasnt able to get.
So i installed Utility 3 for my EOS 200D again, and this Utility 3 threw an error with the notification "please install Utility 2 for EOS 1000D".

I dont know if Utility 3 took some part to get this solved, but what the main problem was --> my powersupply for EOS 1000D. With the original battery, sharpcap worked again. Dont with the battery adapter. So i switched the battery adapter to another powersupply and it worked again.

Both powersupplys (each have 2000mA in output) are strong enough to get the camera (just need 1040mA) working, but during a shoot, one didnt get managed to supply over 1000mA constant. I think its some cheap supply from china ;)

Hope i can help some more people with this,

cheers,
PCase
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for sharing your findings - always helpful to know how a problem was resolved :)

cheers,

Robin