SV SV405CC Driver

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
andyofastro

SV SV405CC Driver

Post by andyofastro »

Help please: Sv405Cc. The native driver won't update beyond 1.6.3. I've uninstalled 1.6.3, and installed 1.7.3 and Nina still reports 1.6.3. I then used the SDK file and dropped the .DLL file into the Nina folder and it now reports 1.7.3. However Sharpcap is still using the 1.6.3 driver and the sensor analysis doesn't work properly. Does anyone have a solution to this, how is the 1.7.3 NATIVE driver installed so that both Nina and Sharpcap use the latest driver?
admin
Site Admin

Re: SV SV405CC Driver

Post by admin »

Hi,

the last few updates to SharpCap 4 have SVBony SDK 1.7.3 in them - make sure you have version 4.0.9094 or later.

I also now have version 1.8.1 here - it will be in next week's SharpCap update, so check out the downloads page on Monday (evening, UK time).

cheers,

Robin
andyofastro

Post by andyofastro »

Hi, Thanks. I've just updated again, I didn't realise that a manual download and update was required in Sharpcap to take this. I am running a new sensor analysis now. I have been testing this camera for a few weeks and I hope his driver version has the HGC as the other drivers didn't show it. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the auto-updates typically run between a few weeks and a couple of months behind the manual updates - I wait until I have a version that looks 'good' from the point of view of no major issues before setting up a new auto-update.

I think 1.7.3 should add HCG - the change notes for that version read as follows

Code: Select all

1. Fixed the problem of unstable temperature control of SV405CC
2. Fixed the first frame timeout problem of SV405CC soft trigger
3. Modify the maximum gain of SV405CC to 57dB, and add the HCG gain control
However I don't know if the HCG switch over is manual (in which case it may not be available) or if it is built into the gain control as with ZWO cameras.

cheers,

Robin