bias and dark fat greyed out in flat capture

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
Broz

bias and dark fat greyed out in flat capture

Post by Broz »

As the subject says, I'm trying to collect flat dark flies under the flat capture method, and it seems to be defaulted to none for flat corrections, and the bias and flat dark buttons are greyed out. Any idea what I'm dong wrong? The dark collection seemed to work fine. Thanks,
John
admin
Site Admin

Re: bias and dark fat greyed out in flat capture

Post by admin »

Hi John,

do you already have a dark frame selected in the controls on the right? The assumption is that if you have a dark frame selected then the job of subtracting a dark is dealt with so that you don't need to use the options in the flat capture window.

cheers,

Robin
Broz

Post by Broz »

Robin, I don't know if I did, but I'll go try that now., Just for your info I am using the most recent 64 bit 29 June rev. Thanks, and I'll go deselect the dark and see what happens.
John
Broz

Post by Broz »

Robin, that worked - thanks. Unless I missed it probably worth mentioning in the documentation about this. I was pretty puzzled in spite of lots of searches for the problem. Again, thanks.
John
Cfeastside

Post by Cfeastside »

I’m having this issue as well but i dont have a dark frame selected. I’m using the most current windows 32 bit release 4.09xx. My flats seem to be over correcting and wondering if this part of the reason. I’m using asi294mcpro, 400 gain and about 2-2.8s exposures to create the flats.
Cfeastside

Post by Cfeastside »

Ok got it figured out. If a dark file is loaded then it will default to none for black point compensation and not let you change that setting. However if you keep the flat file window open and remove said dark file and choose none for dark file you still cant change the black point compensation settings. After removing the loaded dark file you need to close the flat file capture window then re launch capture flat file. Then you can select the appropriate black point compensation to use.

Hope that helps anyone in the future.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that makes sense because the check for 'is a dark frame selected' is only done when the window is shown - nothing monitors for changes in the dark frame setting after that.

I will make a note of it, but that will be a fairly low priority change.

cheers,

Robin