Restart stacking next day!

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
MunichAtNight

Restart stacking next day!

Post by MunichAtNight »

Hello Robin,

perhaps the feature I ask here is already in Sharpcap and I was to stupid to realize! :roll: Than sorry for asking it.

Last night I did a very small and faint galaxy NGC5921. After about 45 minutes stacking, I run out of universe ;) , because neighbours house made it impossible to go on stacking. I was wondering if it would be possible to freeze some how Sharpcap and if there is a chance to re-load next night this frozen status and restart the whole stacking process. So it would be possible to add more lights to the stack from last night and starting at a similar position as I started last night!

I noticed your brand new GOTO feature which allows to position the Goto mount in a "similar" position when a photo was done. It sound to me that this might already half way of restart a stacking of yesterday and add more lights!

Thank you for all your support and professional ideas you add from week to week to Sharpcap! It is great and wonderful! Ewald
admin
Site Admin

Re: Restart stacking next day!

Post by admin »

Hi,

you currently cannot restart a stack from a previous night, but you can take two or more saved live stack images (probably best done as 16 bit saves from live stacking) and then stack *those* in DSS to get a final image. When stacking in DSS do not use dark/flat/bias/etc, since that will have already been dealt with in the SharpCap stacking. If the stacks happen to be different lengths then DSS should spot this from the headers and work things out appropriately.

cheers,

Robin
Calamity_Jane

Re: Restart stacking next day!

Post by Calamity_Jane »

This would be a nice feature to have, though I appreciate that your workaround should be good. I like the results from SharpCap live stacking better than the results from Siril.

:D

Jane