GOTO Sky Coordinates of Image fails

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
ChrisR Oz

Re: GOTO Sky Coordinates of Image fails

Post by ChrisR Oz »

Hi Robin,

Tested the "Goto Image" tool in version 4.0.9132.

PNG file: It successfully plate solves the "blind plate solve" problem. I left the "Refine position using plate-solve and resync" checked, which was probably a mistake using the Folder Camera. Unfortunately, the "replay" button on the folder camera was ghosted out and not available, so the "waiting for a new frame capture" lasts forever ... However, "cancel" would not work while it was waiting for a frame. I needed to kill SC.

Tried it again without the "Refine position" option, and it completes OK.

FITS file: Loaded a FITS file from a different part of the sky and it worked like a charm, quickly, and slewed the telescope (simulator) correctly.

Would have liked to try with "Refine position", for a folder Camera file on this object, but the above problem would not permit that. Not a serious issue, given that the "Refine position" option is there to adjust a real scope, not a simulator plus folder camera!

Thanks Robin. Another cool tool in SharpCap's arsenal.
Cheers, Chris.
Celestron EdgeHD 8, reducer 0.7x, Star Sense, CGX-L mount, Focuser, CPWI; Starlight Xpress AO, OAG and Filter Wheel; ZWO 294MC/294MM Pro and 174MM mini; SharpCap Pro, PHD2, Televue Powermate 2x, Baader Neodymium, Astronomik CLS-CCD, ZWO UV/IR, Duo filters
admin
Site Admin

Re: GOTO Sky Coordinates of Image fails

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

thanks for the report - I will see if I can at least make the cancellation work properly in the case you described with the folder monitor camera. I think the reason you cannot hit 'repeat' is that the main SharpCap window is disabled during the GOTO Image procedure...

cheers,

Robin