Sensor analysis data file transfer

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
glauria

Sensor analysis data file transfer

Post by glauria »

Hi,

I am installing a new copy of SharpCap on a new computer and I wanted to transfer over my Sensor Analysis file to the new computer. I copied the file from the old C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SharpCap\SensorCharacteristics folder (it has a *.json suffix) to the same directory on the new computer, but SharpCap on the new computer doesn't see it.

I connect my camera (QHY168c), open the Smart Histogram, select the Sensor Data tab, and I can see that the graph does not match that of my camera. Also, the red / orange read noise bars on the graph are not right for my camera.

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
-Gene
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor analysis data file transfer

Post by admin »

Hi Gene,

if you copy the file from

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\SharpCap\SensorCharacteristics
on one computer to the other then it should work. Don't change the name of the file. If your username is different on the two computers then the folder name on the new computer needs to be adjusted for the different user name.

Do check that you have changed the camera into 16 bit mode on the new computer - it will probably start in 8 bit mode by default on a fresh computer and will therefore ignore a 16 bit mode sensor file that you might have copied.

cheers,

Robin
glauria

Re: Sensor analysis data file transfer

Post by glauria »

Hi Robin,

Changing the mode to 16 bit fixed the problem.
Many thanks!
-Gene