Image file not compatible

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
geoflewis

Image file not compatible

Post by geoflewis »

Hi all, this is my first post, so I apologise if I'm posting in the wrong place. I've just purchased SharpCap Pro in order to help a friend with plate solving. I've set up ANSVR and can get SharpCap to solve all my images, but I get errors with the 2 images that my friend sent me. Sharpcap will not even open the images using the Camera-->Folder Monitor Camera Option. The SharpCap log reports this....
"Image file not compatible : LBN782_HCS.jpg, looking for (3326x2504, Mono, BitDepth=8, ColorPlanes=1, EffectiveBitDepth=8, BytesPerPixel=1, Binning=0x0, got (2749x2199, Mono, BitDepth=8, ColorPlanes=1, EffectiveBitDepth=8, BytesPerPixel=1, Binning=0x0 in async Task<BufferFrame> SharpCap.Cameras.FolderMonitor.FrameProvider.GetFrame(CancellationToken token)"

I've check the image FITS header which reports that the image size is 2749x2199, so why is SharpCap lookinh for 3326x2504?
I have no idea what this means, or how to fix it, so if anyone has any ideas that would be great please.

FWIW, I can solve the images using the online astrometry.net solver and I can open the images in other image processing software (ImagesPlus). The images were captured with an Atik460ex using Artemis Capture.
Many thanks,

Geof
geoflewis

Re: Image file not compatible

Post by geoflewis »

OK everyone, I solved the issue.
I had images with different dimensions in the same folder; I didn't realise that might be an issue. I realised that the image dimensions it was looking for were those of my own images that I was using to test plate solving. I moved my friend's images into their own unique folder and SharpCap then opened them ok and I was able to solve them with ANSVR.
Sorry for the false alarm.

Geof
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Geof,

yes, the way it works is that the first image in the list sets the size - SharpCap will then run through the other images with a matching size in the list. Varying sizes would cause all sorts of issues. In general, the *oldest* file is picked as the first one in the list (the images get processed oldest first).

cheers,

Robin
geoflewis

Post by geoflewis »

Hi Robin,
Thanks for confirming what I thought I’d worked out.
Best regards,

Geof