Scripting: enable external editor

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
DaveDurant

Scripting: enable external editor

Post by DaveDurant »

Hi.

It'd be nice to have an option to use a different editor to edit .py files and have SharpCap notice when a file changed. I use VS Code for several other environments and it'd be great to use it with SharpCap, too. I don't think this would take any sort of integration work with other tools. Maybe something like noticing when the SharpCap window gets put on top, it could check the opened file last modified date, then reloading the file if it had changed.

Totally new and just starting with SharpCap scripting so maybe I'm missing something obvious. It's always nice to have smoothness between the editor and the debugger.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Scripting: enable external editor

Post by admin »

Hi,

just to check that I am following this - are you currently working with the .py file by editing it in the lower section of the SharpCap scripting window? I can certainly see if there is a possibility of 'reload if file on disk changed and no modifications made in the editor' feature.

cheers,

Robin
DaveDurant

Re: Scripting: enable external editor

Post by DaveDurant »

Yes, pretty much exactly that - ty!