New UI - LHS menu bar buttons not available v4.0.9033

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
celkins

New UI - LHS menu bar buttons not available v4.0.9033

Post by celkins »

Robin,
bit of a weird one: I'd been live stacking in single frame mode, so Live View off: I cleared the stack, ready to move the frame a little, then closed the Live Stacking window. At this point, <Live View> <Start Capture> <Quick Capture> are greyed out, but <Stop Capture> isn't, so I clicked <Stop>, and I think it was the second click on <Stop> which brought the 3 greyed out buttons back to life.
I hope this description is clear enough, combined with the last bit of the attached log?

Carl
Attachments
Log_2022-06-15T00_41_43-12588.log
(575.89 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: New UI - LHS menu bar buttons not available v4.0.9033

Post by admin »

Hi Carl,

my guess is that because you were in still mode, Live Stacking will request a new still frame exposure each time the previous one finishes. When you disable live stacking, an exposure will probably still be in progress. Lets say a 30s exposure... That means it is quite likely that the in progress exposure will continue to run for a while after disabling live stacking (capture buttons disabled), then it will finish and the buttons will re-enable themselves.

I will test to see if that theory is correct. Probably I should cancel the current exposure if you close live stacking in still mode.

cheers,

Robin