Live view lags with SV305

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Jeffry7

Live view lags with SV305

Post by Jeffry7 »

Hi folks. I think I have a bad setting preventing live view from showing a live view. Instead the image in the live view is quite old.

This doesn't affect taking movies. Those doesn't seem to affect single shot images.

The frame counter increments fine. The histogram responds when the light changes. (So shineing a flashlight into the camera is readily seen in the histogram, but shows up minutes later on the live view.)

The camera and computer work as expected in firecapture. So I don't think this is a HW problem.

What is happening?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live view lags with SV305

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have some things that you can try.

1) Clear any saved settings that you have changed for the camera - do this by holding down the CTRL key while opening the camera - this stops SharpCap from reloading any previously saved settings

2) Try turning off graphics card acceleration - first page of the settings, untick 'Use Graphics Card acceleration...' and restart (update to latest SharpCap from downloads page if you do not see this option)

If option 2 fixes things then check to see if there are updated drivers available for your graphics card -if there are, install them, then try turning back on.

Another thing you could try is to turn on the 'old user interface' - again first page of settings. Please let me know if this one fixes it, since I am planning on removing this option soon, so I would need to understand and fix the cause of the problem in this case.

cheers,

Robin