autostretch histogram

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
jacanogorini

autostretch histogram

Post by jacanogorini »

Hi,

My last suggestion for the moment:
Why the autostretch button is not a on-off button? If we activate the button, each image I take is autostretched and we can see it perfectly streched. And I don't have to press the autostretch button on each image.
This will be good when we are taking flats, when we are adjusting the exposure time to get a 60-70% flat. During this process I'm seeing the flat completely black or white and I have to press the button each time to see it more or less correctly.

Thank you for the program. I like it very much.
Joan A. Cano
admin
Site Admin

Re: autostretch histogram

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think the real reason is that the current approach of the autostretch button being 'one shot' mirrors a lot of other software (ie PixInsight, etc). It also allows you to make tweaks after using the autostretch to fine tune the stretch - if the autostretch got things nearly but not quite right. I certainly use it in that way. If the autostretch was applied to each new frame then fine tuning would be effectively impossible, since it would get re-adjusted by the next frame to arrive.

Let's see if anyone else would use this approach - I'm not sure...

cheers,

Robin
jacanogorini

Post by jacanogorini »

Hi Robin,

I understand your point of view and agree in some aspect.
Then I can suggest to "add" the new button of autostretch on-off or a general setting about the behavior of the autostretch button. Then some people can use the one shot to have the autostretch and fine tune the stretch or other can turn it on to adjust the stretch on each frame.

It's only a suggestion and this is not an important thing.

best regards,
Joan A. Cano
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, the additional button would be a possibility. If anyone else thinks they would use such a feature then please post in reply to this thread so I can judge interest.

cheers,

Robin
Tfer

Post by Tfer »

I rarely autostretch.

For EAA purposes, I let the stack build for a couple of minutes, then begin the process myself. It takes barely seconds, and I know what I’m trying to see, so moving the levels around, isn’t an issue.
Tom°Dresden

Post by Tom°Dresden »

+1 for Autostretch Toggle Button
I also miss it in PixInsight ;)