Filter for dark

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
jacanogorini

Filter for dark

Post by jacanogorini »

HI,

I've started recently to use sharpcap and I think it's a marvelous program. I only have some ideas that I'm going to propose you. For the moment go with the first one:

I use a position of my filter wheel with a dark filter. When I want to take a dark I move the filter wheel to this position and I get my dark. I don't need to cover the telescope or any other thing.
For the moment I can do it without problems except in one case: when I'm taking the flats and I set to take the darks, it stops at some point to cover the telescope with a modal message box. Then I cannot change the filter. I don't how to suggest you to solve this issue, from a programing point of view. I'm also a programmer. Doing it not modal is not a good idea and put a button to change the filter I don't like it.

If we speak in general, the better idea would be to set something automatic for the dark filter. For instance, on the settings you add a checkbox: use a filter to take the darks. The first problem is how do you define the dark filter. You don't have the filters until you don't connect to filter wheel. But the point here would be to define the filter. Then on each Dark operation, automatically set the filter to the dark position.

Thank you very much for your attention
admin
Site Admin

Re: Filter for dark

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, you are right that the best approach would be to have a setting to configure a filter name to use for dark frame capture. This could then be used automatically when capturing darks, capturing dark flats and in the sequencer.

Thanks for the suggestion - I will note it down on the 'TODO' board :)

cheers,

Robin