Hot Pixel Removal tool

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
carlomuccini

Hot Pixel Removal tool

Post by carlomuccini »

Last night I tried the new hot pixel removal tool by taking a shot from Rome Italy, on Gamma Cygni area
There are 3 x 900s poses in ALT-AZ with the Rainbow Astro RST135 a Nikkor 85 f / 2 lens set at f / 2.8 and the ASI 294MM in Bin 4
No Dark, only hot pixel removal tool with the preset value of 5
It worked great!

The problem of the number of poses and of the minutes of exposure that do not update certainly reappeared in the last shot at about 3:30, jumping to 4:45 (I don't remember well because it was past 2 am!). But I attach the log of the evening if it comes in handy.

Carlo
Attachments
GammaCyg.jpg
GammaCyg.jpg (708.99 KiB) Viewed 560 times
Log_2022-06-06T22_27_53-9084.log
(660 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hot Pixel Removal tool

Post by admin »

Hi,

glad to hear that the hot pixel side of things worked :)

Unfortunately the attached logfile runs only until 2:08AM (and finishes with SharpCap being shut down normally), so I think there must be another log file that covers the time from 03:30 onwards.

cheers,

Robin
carlomuccini

Post by carlomuccini »

Robin Is all right; I have only one log

>>about 3:30, jumping to 4:45
is refferred to last LiveStack time (15 min total) , jump so many second in display but work ok
the freeze happened at least twice for about 45s

At 2:08 I close all and goto to sleep ! :)

Carlo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Carlo,

right, OK, I understand now :)

Looking through the log, there are no warnings/errors from live stacking. I can tell that the camera seemed to be behaving well all through the session, so I think we can rule out camera problems.

There is an option to turn on additional live stacking logging (Settings window, logging page). It may be worth turning that on for the next setting (just that one - turning on too many makes enormous log files!). That will record more detail including everything that shows up in the live stacking log - maybe that will reveal what is happening.

cheers,

Robin