What's new in SharpCap this week... 6th June 2022

All the latest news about new features and improvements to SharpCap
RMSQueenMary

Re: What's new in SharpCap this week... 6th June 2022

Post by RMSQueenMary »

I would like to test that out when I have the opportunity. It could be useful for non-cooled camera. 8-)
Tiago Ferreira

Post by Tiago Ferreira »

Tiago Ferreira wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:36 am So you found the source...nice. I will try gradient removal again.

I have my auto stretch settings lower than the default, 1 tick. Always found more pleasant to the eye with my set up, dob and zwo294mc with reducer. Should i readjust it and increase now that the behind the scene is out of scene? Or will not be affected? Thanks
Robin, should i?
Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/@DobsonianPower

12" f/5 Dobsonian GSO
8" f/6 Dobsonian GSO
6" f/5 Dobsonian Go-To Virtuoso Gti
Dwarf II Smart Telescope
Geoptik Eartha Eq Platform
ZWO ASI224MC + ZWO ASI294MC
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, but I am a bit confused now - I am not following how this is related to hot pixel removal. The 'source' of what?? :)

cheers,

Robin
Tiago Ferreira

Post by Tiago Ferreira »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:17 pm Sorry, but I am a bit confused now - I am not following how this is related to hot pixel removal. The 'source' of what?? :)

cheers,

Robin
It's not about the hot pixel, it's about the other change you've made, Live Stacking Change.
As i have my settings to a lower auto-stretch intensity, will that change affect when i auto-stretch my live stack or there's nothing related with that?
Thanks

12" f/5 Dobsonian GSO
8" f/6 Dobsonian GSO
Dwarf II Smart Telescope
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

ah, OK, now it makes sense.

Hopefully the cause of the histogram drift is now fixed (it only happened if the maximum brightness of the individual sub frames was significantly below saturation anyway). That should make autostretch more stable and need less tweaking. You may still see a growth in the number of very dark pixels over time if the image is drifting/rotation and you are getting dark borders, but that should not affect the main peak until the dark borders are very bad.

Your lower strength autostretch will still continue to apply as usual. You may find that without the histogram drift you are able to use a slightly higher stretch. Note that you can quickly try different stretch strengths - hold CTRL while pressing autostretch for a slightly stronger stretch, SHIFT for a slightly weaker one.

hope this helps,

Robin
Tiago Ferreira

Post by Tiago Ferreira »

Good tip.
Live stacking is the future in imaging. The speed of the progress is mainly in the software. I'm not sure if you realize the real power of your work into that because it has been huge.
I hope I'll live long enough to see the sharpcap app on mobile too, more pre processing features and many other cool things you have in mind.
A big thanks Robin.

12" f/5 Dobsonian GSO
8" f/6 Dobsonian GSO
Dwarf II Smart Telescope
randyroy@att.net

Post by randyroy@att.net »

Robin—I’ve been imaging more than 10 years and only used SC in recent years for PA. All of your recent enhancements lured me into trying live stacking the past 6 months and I’m really enjoying my time back under the stars. HPR will make this even better. Thanks!