Ability to capture more than 5,000 frames when using seeing monitor?

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
ammonthenephite

Ability to capture more than 5,000 frames when using seeing monitor?

Post by ammonthenephite »

When doing planetary and h-alpha solar imaging, I really love using the filter capture option in the seeing monitor. However, I'm unable to see a way to capture more than 5,000 frames in a single video capture. This gets annoying, especially when the goal is to get a total of 20,000-40,000 total frames, as you are forced to deal with 4-8 separate video captures vs a single video.

Is there a way to capture more than just 5,000 frames (the largest number available in the dropdown menu) when using the seeing monitor tool?

Or even better, is there a way to stipulate a maximum time limit of capture when using the filter option, vs stipulating a number of frames? This would be really handy for planets and solar, where exceeding certain time frames causes blurring of fine details, and you simply capture as many frames as possible in that given time frame.

Thanks in advance!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ability to capture more than 5,000 frames when using seeing monitor?

Post by admin »

Hi,

currently 5000 frames is the limit, but I will add 10000,20000,40000 as that is really very simple to change (simpler than adding a time option in this case).

cheers,

Robin
ammonthenephite

Re: Ability to capture more than 5,000 frames when using seeing monitor?

Post by ammonthenephite »

Awesome, thank you! And thanks for a great program, the pro subscription is a steel given how great your software is:)