2600MM connects with discarded subs

Assaf.Hochberg

2600MM connects with discarded subs

Post by Assaf.Hochberg »

I have the latest version of Shrpcap and ZWO drivers (from yesterday).
When I connect to 2600MM camera it takes quite a long time (around 10 seconds) and when the camera connects it doesn't show any data and all the subs are discarded. Other cameras (planetary like 174MM mini for example) connect fine.
The only way I make it work, is by connecting first to ASI Studio (ASI Cap for example) - where the camera initializes ok. After doing that - it also connects fine in Sharpcap.
Can anyone assist me with this issue? I suspect that something there is taking too long at initialization...
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2600MM connects with discarded subs

Post by admin »

Hi,

Any version of SharpCap since 20th May 2022 should have the latest ZWO SDK, which will hopefully be fine for all current cameras.

From your description it sounds as though the USB communication is the problem - that can often lead to things like being able to see and control the camera settings but getting no frames. My first suggestion would be to make sure you are only using the cable supplied with the camer (no extensions, no hubs) to connect. If you are using extensions/hubs then remove them for testing to see if it helps. Another thing to try would be to turn down the 'Turbo USB' setting for the camera (might need to turn 'auto' off for that setting first). Turning that down helps stabilize the USB connection and it might be that the connection via ASIStudio is turning that down behind the scenes, meaning that the camera then works in SharpCap.

Other USB troubleshooting tips can be found here : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556

cheers,

Robin