How to avoid oversaturation in Livestack final images
Posted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:03 pm
Hi,
triggered by a question in another forum, I came back to a problem I was faced with a couple of weeks ago.
After capturing and saving M13, I found strange pixels in the core of M13 in the eventually saved Fits file.
The other guy reported a similar issue with his image. 60/330 Apo, ZWO ASI294MC, SC Livestack, but no further details
In my case, TS Photoline 60/360, Neptune-C, SC Livestack, 150 x 20sec, Gain 250, Offset 150, saved as 16bit Fits
From my understanding, the pixels in the core seems to be oversaturated. Or am I wrong ?
I know so far, how to avoid oversaturation with single captured images (lower gain, shorter exposures, binning?, different cam with larger pixel, etc.).
But how can I avoid it generally in Livestack ?
Any suggestions ? Are there any thresholds that can be set ? Pitfalls to avoid ? etc...
Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards and cs
Gottfried
triggered by a question in another forum, I came back to a problem I was faced with a couple of weeks ago.
After capturing and saving M13, I found strange pixels in the core of M13 in the eventually saved Fits file.
The other guy reported a similar issue with his image. 60/330 Apo, ZWO ASI294MC, SC Livestack, but no further details
In my case, TS Photoline 60/360, Neptune-C, SC Livestack, 150 x 20sec, Gain 250, Offset 150, saved as 16bit Fits
From my understanding, the pixels in the core seems to be oversaturated. Or am I wrong ?
I know so far, how to avoid oversaturation with single captured images (lower gain, shorter exposures, binning?, different cam with larger pixel, etc.).
But how can I avoid it generally in Livestack ?
Any suggestions ? Are there any thresholds that can be set ? Pitfalls to avoid ? etc...
Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards and cs
Gottfried