Zwo ASI drivers v3.19 released

Menno555

Zwo ASI drivers v3.19 released

Post by Menno555 »

Today Zwo released the newest version of their ASI drivers: version 3.19.
It's a bit of a guess though what really changed because this is their change log:

v3.19 2022.5.27
-------------------------------------
- add some cameras

Drivers can be found on https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software-drivers

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Re: Zwo ASI drivers v3.19 released

Post by admin »

Hi,

sounds like they have just added some USB device IDs to the drivers, so that the correct drivers will be picked up when new models of camera are connected. Of course there could be more changes behind the scenes, but the drivers for most Astro cameras are actually pretty simple - just passing USB data to/from the camera. Most of the complicated work is done by the SDK in deciding what goes *into* the USB data sent to the camera :)

cheers,

Robin
roelb

Post by roelb »

I found that I had to install the latest ZWO driver software to have recognized my new ASI533MM-Pro.
Roel
Celestron Nexstar Evolution 8 - Celestron Nexstar 6 SE - StarSense
ZWO ASI533MC-Pro -- ZWO ASI533MM-Pro
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

I have just received my zwo 678. The 678 drivers are installed but I cant get sharpcap to recognize the camera
cheers
A
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Jaybee wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:09 am I have just received my zwo 678. The 678 drivers are installed but I cant get sharpcap to recognize the camera
cheers
A
Hi and welcome

This addressed as we speak. If you check the download page next Monday and install the new update, it should be recognized then.

Menno
AstroLaptop

Post by AstroLaptop »

I have just got the new Asi585mc. At first it wasn't recognised so I updated the new rivers. Now the camera is recognised but I can onlu use exposures of 900ms or less. If I try 1 second or longer it shows a black screen and nothing. I can reduce back down to under 1 second and it works again.

I have tried all the FAQ's I could find but to no avail. My other cameras are the Asi178mc and 224mc, never had any issues wuth them. I am 2 weeks in to my 30 days so if I have to return it any help anyone can offer is needed as soon as possible.

Many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

please check that you have the very latest version of SharpCap from the downloads page (https://downloads.sharpcap.co.uk) - I added a new ZWO software package to SharpCap a few weeks ago which should resolve this sort of issue with the latest ZWO cameras.

cheers,

Robin
Calamity_Jane

Post by Calamity_Jane »

I can report that this was successful. You have to update the driver, add the new dll file to SharpCap's list and override the automatic downloads and manually download the latest version.

I can also report that the first light with my new ZWO ASI662MC was very impressive. By the time I had sorted out the driver for the new camera, clouds had rolled in and it began to get light. Nevertheless I managed to snatch two images of Jupiter which were better than those from my previous camera (a ZWO ASI290MC, which I always thought an excellent camera.)

Jane.