Exposure Time Range

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
OregonSky

Exposure Time Range

Post by OregonSky »

New to Sharpcap - wading in.

Is the RANGE of times for Exposure thats offered to choose from set by the Camera or the Program ?

Thank You
Will be away for the afternoon but will check in upon return
Menno555

Re: Exposure Time Range

Post by Menno555 »

Hi

The times that are in the Exposure drop down menu are set by SharpCap. Maybe only the minimal and maximal values there are set by the camera since those are camera specific.
But you can also manually type in the exposure times you want. You only have to use the right extension. So if you want to capture in milliseconds, add ms behand the value. When in seconds, add s behind the value.
As long as you are within the minimal and maximal exposure times that the camera offers.

Menno
OregonSky

Post by OregonSky »

Thank You. The program accepted my entry. We'll see if the camera can. Overcast as usual tonight but upcoming forecast looks better. Its been a longer than usual run of clouds and rain even for Oregon.

I've been just experimenting with an older Neximage camera I was gifted with and the 3.1 Sharpcap just to get familiar with the program while I try to figure out what camera to start with. I have several telescopes. Reading and watching Videos points out there are pros and cons to each. Seems no one in my area is doing Attached Camera - Live Stacking - Visual EAA. Kinda confused about it at the moment.

Thanks for Helping
OregonSky

Post by OregonSky »

Thank You. The program accepted my entry. We'll see if the camera can. Overcast as usual tonight but upcoming forecast looks better. Its been a longer than usual run of clouds and rain even for Oregon.

I've been just experimenting with an older Neximage camera I was gifted with and the 3.1 Sharpcap just to get familiar with the program while I try to figure out what camera to start with. I have several telescopes. Reading and watching Videos points out there are pros and cons to each. Seems no one in my area is doing Attached Camera - Live Stacking - Visual EAA. Kinda confused about it at the moment.

Thanks for Helping