Can I change the size of the displayed image ?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
OregonSky

Can I change the size of the displayed image ?

Post by OregonSky »

After 30 years of eye to the eyepiece - I'm looking into EAA.
While reading / learning and getting ready to choose a camera and which of my telescopes to use, I downloaded 3.1 and actually made it show images from a Gifted Ancient Celestron SkyImage camera AS A FIRST NO COST EXPERIMENT.
My Purpose is not to see or save anything but just to read the instruction manual and familiarize myself with Sharpcap.
I understand the sensor is TINY and thus the image produced is tiny.

The Question -
Is there a way to increase the size of the screen displayed image. Not whats IN the image ala Zoom but the image itself.
Its appearing as about a 1.25 inch square up in the corner. Can I expand that ?

What an Amazing Program. I want to make sure I make the right decisions about which of my telescopes to use with which camera. I know of no one local with a camera attached telescope to learn from. I do have hope to borrow a REAL 21st Century Camera soon to further educate myself.

Thank You.
Menno555

Re: Can I change the size of the displayed image ?

Post by Menno555 »

Hi and welcome

The size of the sensor isn't saying much in this case. My planetary camera has a small sensor but it's output is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
About the small size. Start with setting the Zoom setting to Auto. This will fit the image to your screen.
You can use the drop-down menu next to Zoom to get any size. I suspect in your case it's set to 15% or something like that, showing your image at 15% of its size.

Menno

zoom.jpg
zoom.jpg (49.26 KiB) Viewed 833 times
OregonSky

Post by OregonSky »

Thank you - Will do when work is finished. Will Report.
OregonSky

Post by OregonSky »

Bingo -
It was set on Auto. It appears that Old Camera just gives a Tiny Image. I misunderstood the way the Scale and Zoom was set up .

Knowing that - I'm guessing the potential image will be very poor considering the size of the default image - the age of the technology - then compounded by 300 % zoom but, I'll play with it an learn what I can.

We have a Moon tonight and might have a window of clear sky. Woo Hoo !

Thank You.
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Good to hear.
And it's indeed a rather older camera then. Sounds like it has 320 x 240 resolution when it's that size on Auto.
What you could try for a bit better image when using SharpCap, is to set your monitor temporarily to a smaller resolution? SharpCap should work fine with that and the tiny image will be bigger.

Menno
OregonSky

Post by OregonSky »

Thank you -
Its our Memorial Day weekend here - and usually by now starting to look somewhat like Summer weather BUT - clouds all last week - had an inch of rain today - Rain Tomorrow and Cloudy forecast for the next week.
Will try that next time I can get out.