Anything other than numbers in a series of numbers causes error in sequence editor

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
mfratto

Anything other than numbers in a series of numbers causes error in sequence editor

Post by mfratto »

Using SC Pro 4.0.89.49.0 on Windows 10. I find it very useful.

I have set up a script that runs through a set of coordinates to take images. I am using "Repeat for each RA/DEC co-ordinate in <filename>" I had been using this successfully. Last night, the script stopped working saying it can't understand the coordinates (Log from a Test Step below). I tried successfully with a known good coordinate file.

My expectation is that I can use any valid Windows filename character anywhere in the first field.

Any pattern that interrupts a series of numbers in the first field causes the error. The series of numbers can be anywhere in the first field. To recreate,
  1. create a new script.
  2. Insert the "Repeat for each RA/DEC co-ordinate in <filename>" function into the script.
  3. Create a coordinate file and enter "pane 3x4,12 24 46 +13 02 18" in the first line.
  4. Select the coordinate file.
  5. Highlight the step and press Test Step.
To test further, enter any one of the following into 1st field in step 3:
4x4
4-4
4 4
4p4

And it will result in the error below.

Now enter "Pane 44" in the first field in step 3 and it passes.

Error log:

Code: Select all

8:10:05 PM Starting  : 
8:10:05 PM Starting  : Repeat for each RA/Dec co-ordinate in C:\Users\mfrat\OneDrive\SharpCap Captures\Targets\Markarian Chain 4x4 mosaic.csv
8:10:05 PM Error     : 'Could not understand RA/Dec co-ordinate pane 3x4,12 24 46 +13 02 18' while running step Repeat for each RA/Dec co-ordinate in C:\Users\mfrat\OneDrive\SharpCap Captures\Targets\Markarian Chain 4x4 mosaic.csv
8:10:05 PM End       : Sequence halted due to error.
8:10:05 PM Finished
Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Anything other than numbers in a series of numbers causes error in sequence editor

Post by admin »

Ah,

I think I can fix this - should be in next week's update.

cheers,

Robin