PrimaluceLab Esatto Focuser connectivity

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Mstraka606

Re: PrimaluceLab Esatto Focuser connectivity

Post by Mstraka606 »

Hi Robin an update on the 10Micron mount. It works great with the ASCOM driver. Just wanted you to know. This mount has absolute encoders that (substantially) eliminate the need for guiding after one builds a star model that then maps to the internal mount dataset. Problem = the program to build the model doesn’t support SharpCap. I’d love to change that.
If interested Martin at Model Creator would be the contact.

Thanks.
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

thanks for reporting that the ASCOM driver works nicely in SharpCap.

Model Creator looks pretty cool, but since it can already talk to ASCOM cameras directly along with a range of other applications, I'm afraid that the added value of making it talk to SharpCap is rather small. It does suggest the interesting idea of making a way for SharpCap to be controlled by other applications though :) I will have to think about that!

Robin
Mstraka606

Post by Mstraka606 »

Thanks Robin. I had to use SGP for the imaging and plate solving…it worked for the mapping / calibration. I use SharpCap exclusively for captures though. Things like mosaics are fascinating me now…SharpCap solutions maybe?