Display Histogram Stretch locked out

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
MLM

Display Histogram Stretch locked out

Post by MLM »

When I'm running a data collection sequence the Display Histogram Stretch buttons are locked out.
It would be great to have these enabled if possible.

Related to this, where in a script with a command CAPTURE 20 LIVE FRAMES would I insert a command to stretch the images when they are captured>

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Display Histogram Stretch locked out

Post by admin »

Hi,

If you know you want to make the adjustment at a particular point in the sequence, then you can use the 'Show a prompt...' step, which has the option of re-enabling the camera controls while it is active. Note that with this step you do need to click OK to get your sequence to proceed.

The other approach is to use the 'Auto stretch the display' step - if you are using the camera in live view mode then the best thing to do would be to set the camera parameters (exposure, gain, etc) then make the sequence wait long enough for a frame to arrive with the new parameters, then use the 'autostretch the display' step, then start capturing.

Long term, I do want to make certain adjustments available during sequence runs - for instance, zoom, display stretch, etc. However, getting the code set up to disable everything except a few things is much harder than disabling everything :(

cheers,

Robin