What's new in SharpCap this week... 9th May 2022

All the latest news about new features and improvements to SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

What's new in SharpCap this week... 9th May 2022

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

a bit of a quiet week this week, with just a few updates to SharpCap...

* Optimizations to make the new UI histogram use much less CPU - I've seen some reports that the histogram may freeze now and then, and hopefully this change will help resolve those issues.

* Updated SDK for Altair and Player One cameras - these will introduce support for new models and most likely fix some bugs too.

* Some improvements to the sequence editor - when you add a new block to the sequence it should scroll into view if necessary, and it is now (hopefully) impossible to drag a block into its own contents (or into the contents of one of its child blocks) - this was previously causing a crash.

* A few small changes to the toolbar in new UI mode to make some things a bit narrower - this should allow the whole toolbar to fit on a 1280 pixel wide display

* I have also removed the 'Stop Motion Capture' functionality from the New UI version of SharpCap. This was the last piece of 'old UI' left in the 'new UI' version and I have been seeing hints that including this may be responsible for some problems with the application freezing. Since it is not used much, I have (for the moment at least) elected to remove it rather than rewrite it.

cheers,

Robin