Sequencer Abends

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
DirtyRod

Sequencer Abends

Post by DirtyRod »

Hello,

I've recently been using the Sequencer in version 4.0 to create scripts but I've found that when I try to create or update nested loops Sharpcap abends. For instance, if I try to edit inside the 25 loop in the script below it just crashes and goes away. I have to edit that outside of Sharpcap with Notepad so it makes testing a pain so I'm trying to figure out whats happening. No issues editing the rest of the scripts or executing the scripts. The script is not that large so it really can't be a memory issue.

I've tried running it in logging mode but it does not create a dump file. The PC is an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home with 12GB of RAM and an 512SSD drive. I've tried editing with nothing running but Sharpcap and with plenty of disk space. I've also tried with the AV and every other app closed.

Looking for suggestions. Attached is an example of a script where it abends when I try to edit the loop the runs 25 times.

SEQUENCE
DELAY 2
LIVE MODE
SET COOLER TARGET TO 0
SET COLOUR SPACE TO RAW16
SET OUTPUT FORMAT TO "FITS files (*.fits)"
SET BINNING TO 2
GUIDING CONNECT ABORT False
STOP AT LOCALTIME "5:00 AM"
LOOP 25 TIMES
CAPTURE 20 LIVE FRAMES
BEGIN GUIDING PAUSE
PRESERVE CAMERA SETTINGS
FOCUSER CONNECT
SET EXPOSURE TO 3
SET GAIN TO 300
DISPLAY STRETCH AUTO
DELAY 2
DISPLAY STRETCH AUTO
AUTOFOCUS OFFSET -110 TO 90 STEP COUNT 12 BACKLASH 30
DISPLAY STRETCH RESET
DELAY 2
DISPLAY STRETCH RESET
END PRESERVE
END GUIDING PAUSE
END LOOP
END STOP AT
CAPTURE STOP
SET COOLER OFF
CAMERA CLOSE
GUIDING STOP
MOUNT PARK
GUIDING DISCONNECT
HARDWARE DISCONNECT
END SEQUENCE
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer Abends

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the report - I think the problem is that while dragging blocks around to move them, it is possible to drag a block inside itself, so that it becomes it's own parent block (and a child of itself). That doesn't end well. I have updated the code to block that from happening, which I hope will fix this issue.

cheers,

Robin
DirtyRod

Post by DirtyRod »

Thats awesome and I definitely get the issue that could be caused.

Appreciate the fast response and I'll jump on the update once it's released.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the fix is now available in SharpCap 4.0.8949, which you can find on the downloads page.

cheers,

Robin

PS. You might want to consider changing your username to something other than your email address - using your email address makes it visible to everyone and it is highly likely that it will get collected by web crawling bots at some point, meaning you get even more junk email. If you do want to do that, send me a private message here on the forums telling me what to change the username to.
DirtyRod

Post by DirtyRod »

Thank you for everything and I will send you a request to change it.