Part of the Tool Menu is Hidden on Some Displays

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Harmonious

Part of the Tool Menu is Hidden on Some Displays

Post by Harmonious »

I use a 3840 x 2160 display and the items on the Tools menu at the right, the full Zoom Control, the Smart Histogram and the focus tool, are hidden on the right, accessible by the barred down triangle button. I use the recommended scaling of 300% (Win 10 and Win 11). If the scaling is set to 250% the full menu bar is visible, but 250% is not a comfortable setting.

If there is no easy programmatic solution you might be able to address it by shortening the names on the tool buttons and eliminating the icons. [icon] Start Capture could become StartCap or Start Capture for example. Another possibility would be to move some tool items into the black space at the right of the top menu. The ultimate improvement would be to allow user configurable menu bars, however I don't want to pile on "simple" changes because I know that it is not usually so simple.

Thank you.

-David
admin
Site Admin

Re: Part of the Tool Menu is Hidden on Some Displays

Post by admin »

Hi David,

the original idea was to keep the width of the toolbar so that everything was visible on a screen width of 1280 pixels (which would work at 300% for 3840 too). The addition of the 'Live View' button and the 'Frame Type' drop down in SharpCap 4 have pushed things out to about 1360 pixels, so I need to reclaim about 80 pixels if possible. I will look into it :)

cheers,

Robin
Harmonious

Re: Part of the Tool Menu is Hidden on Some Displays

Post by Harmonious »

Thank you sir.