Waiting To Start Guiding.

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
romonaga

Waiting To Start Guiding.

Post by romonaga »

I recently started using Sharpcap,at first it seemed very difficult to use. However, as the amount of equipment as increased, I started to learn ow to use it. The one feature I have started to use, is causing me some trouble and not sure how to resolve.

I am trying to use the sequence planner, everything works perfectly, it sets the correct filter, plate solves on the object, centers, and this is were things do not seem to work. At this point, it is to start guiding, it is reading the status of the guider, but it never seems to be able to start it. It keeps saying waiting for guiding to be active.

It does seem to tell PHD2 to start looping, but it never tells it to select stars, and start guiding. It simply sits waiting for it to guide. If I start the guiding manual, it still will not see that guiding has been started, and start imaging.

If someone could tell an old guy what e is doing wrong, I might be able to sleep at night again.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Waiting To Start Guiding.

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you are using the advanced sequence editor, then you can add a 'Start Guiding if Necessary' block at the appropriate point in your sequence - it should walk PHD2 through all the steps needed to get it guiding.

If you are using the deep sky sequence planner, then it looks like there is no easy option for this, which seems to be an oversight on my part :( I will investigate what can be done to fix that.

cheers,

Robin