Crash while using WiFi Scope
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:16 pm
With the newer 3.1 builds there seems to be a new bug where it clashes with WiFi Scope.
I am using WiFi Scope to control GoTo with Sky Safari and then plate solve with SharpCap to complete the move to a higher accuracy.
Unfortunately, I've lost track of which build versions were working previously. So apologies -- I know this is a less than optimal bug report.
I'm trying to connect to a Meade LX90 through USB to serial to handset, this is on COM5. WiFi Scope and SharpCap both work on their own, but when you try running them together you get an error. All I know at the moment is that previously this didn't happen. I actually had something similar happen with my EQ3-2 doing the same thing (SS goto through WiFiScope then SC plate solve) and crashing out. The current error on the Meade throws up the following:
An error occurred while trying to connect to your Meade Classic and Autostar I Mount.
This often indicates a problem with the device itself or with it's ASCOM driver configuration. Please check that the device is properly connected and responding.
The details of the error are: Creating and instance of the COM component with CLSID {EB58A8A8-6171-4640A8E5-6021D0F3D663} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 800a01a9 Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A01A9.
I will do some more investigation and try to see what is happening, and provide better information for you.
Thanks
I am using WiFi Scope to control GoTo with Sky Safari and then plate solve with SharpCap to complete the move to a higher accuracy.
Unfortunately, I've lost track of which build versions were working previously. So apologies -- I know this is a less than optimal bug report.
I'm trying to connect to a Meade LX90 through USB to serial to handset, this is on COM5. WiFi Scope and SharpCap both work on their own, but when you try running them together you get an error. All I know at the moment is that previously this didn't happen. I actually had something similar happen with my EQ3-2 doing the same thing (SS goto through WiFiScope then SC plate solve) and crashing out. The current error on the Meade throws up the following:
An error occurred while trying to connect to your Meade Classic and Autostar I Mount.
This often indicates a problem with the device itself or with it's ASCOM driver configuration. Please check that the device is properly connected and responding.
The details of the error are: Creating and instance of the COM component with CLSID {EB58A8A8-6171-4640A8E5-6021D0F3D663} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 800a01a9 Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A01A9.
I will do some more investigation and try to see what is happening, and provide better information for you.
Thanks