26C live view

Discussion of features and issues relating to Altair Astro Cameras
sbraybrooke

26C live view

Post by sbraybrooke »

Hi. I recently bought an Altair 26C for imaging and a 290M for guiding. In Sharpcap the 290M has a live view image but 26C doesn’t (screen remains empty). However, if I use Altair capture in can get a live view from both. If the PC or cables were the problem I’d expect no live image but I’m struggling to understand why Sharpcap doesn’t display the live view. Can anyone advise please?
admin
Site Admin

Re: 26C live view

Post by admin »

Hi,

have a look in the bottom left corner of the window and see if the frame count is going up or if the frame count is stuck at zero and perhaps the dropped frame count is going up slowly.

If the frame count is going up then you are getting images, but maybe they are black due to other settings.

If the frame count is stuck at zero then for some reason no frames are coming from the camera. First thing to check is that the exposure time hasn't got set to some long value like a few minutes. Then have a go at adjusting the USB Speed control to different values to see if that helps.

cheers,

Robin
sbraybrooke

Re: 26C live view

Post by sbraybrooke »

Thank you Robin. I have had to return to camera to Altair who now confirm it is faulty. Waiting for replacement as no stock at present.