Crosshairs

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Astro

Crosshairs

Post by Astro »

When taking a set of images for stacking I align the crosshair on a star so I can adjust the telescope if (when!!) tracking goes off. A number of times now I've caught the mouse pad on the laptop and moved the crosshair. Is it possible to lock the crosshair in place? Thanks for any help.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crosshairs

Post by admin »

Hi,

no, there isn't a way to lock the crosshairs, sorry.

You could use the 'Pixel Value Readout' tool - that lets you see both the brightness *and* the X/Y co-ordinates of any pixel. That would let you note down the X/Y position of a star in view, so you could put it back at that point later in case it moved. On the whole though, I think that would be *less* convenient than the crosshairs for the times when you don't knock the mouse accidentally.

cheers,

Robin
Astro

Post by Astro »

Thanks again Robin. I believe that the ability to lock the crosshairs in place would be a good feature to add to SharpCap.
podumal

Post by podumal »

Hi,
I second the request. It happened so many times to me to accidently click and move the crosshairs.

Please, please, make moving the crosshairs accidently a bit harder. Maybe, ctrl-click instead of just click.

Thanks.