Filter name (no Ascom)

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
carlomuccini

Filter name (no Ascom)

Post by carlomuccini »

Hello

I use two types of filter wheels
One is the 5-position ZWO ASI USB; I gave each filter a name (HA, OIII, etc ..) and in the Setting / Filenames, I put them {Filter}

live stack (processed)
{TargetName}\\processed\Stack_{StackedFrames}frames{Filter}_{TotalExposure}{FrameTime}
and it's perfect.

With the Celestron RASA 8 telescope I must use a manual filter drawer, and when saving in Livestacking, since there are no filters set,
in practice becomes without filter, as if it were, because {Filter} is empty:
{TargetName}\\processed\Stack_{StackedFrames}frames_{TotalExposure}{FrameTime}

How do I, if possible, specify the filter used manually ?
Currently I insert it in the target name the name of the filter, for example M42_OIII or M42_HA with the result that the images are saved in different folders and in the name of the file there is no filter used and I can't put the files all together in one folder without mixing them.

Any help ?

Thanks

Carlo
Menno555

Re: Filter name (no Ascom)

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Carlo

You can do that under Settings / Hardware.
On the Filter Wheel spot, select Manual Filter Wheel and fill in your filters pressing the Properties button.
See screenshot below.

Then with the Filename Templates, add the tag {Filter} where you want it in the directory and/or filename. Just the tag, SharpCap will place the filter name there. Or you can use the default naming and check the Append Filter Name checkbox under Extra's. This will add the filter name at the end of the filename of the capture.

When starting capturing, press the Connected radio button at the Manual Filter Wheel part on the right and select the filter you want mentioned in the directory and/or filename.
That's it.

Menno
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (119.99 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
carlomuccini

Re: Filter name (no Ascom)

Post by carlomuccini »

But that's great !

I had not seen this setting

Thank you so much

Carlo