Player One Apollo M Mini: stange black lines

admin
Site Admin

Re: Player One Apollo M Mini: stange black lines

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's definitely a bit weird - I will pass this info on to Player One to see what they think.

thanks,

Robin
GTI77

Post by GTI77 »

Thank you very much!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually, I took another look at your camera settings and can see that you have 'Banding Suppression' turned up to maximum. Can you try again please with that turned down to zero, so that we see the output of the camera without any processing. With the banding suppression function, it's important to set the 'threshold' correctly - otherwise you can end up introducing banding rather than removing it. See the guide on how to adjust the banding suppression/threshold in this section of the documentation : https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#!2!Pre-processing

cheers,

Robin
GTI77

Post by GTI77 »

Yes, sorry, I've actually tried all the possible adjustments of both the banding suppression and the threshold and the bands always remain more or less with the same intensity.
GTI77

Post by GTI77 »

Hi Robin, here are the images you requested.
Attachments
Capture_00001.png
Capture_00001.png (312.81 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Capture_00001.CameraSettings.txt
(704 Bytes) Downloaded 55 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you, I have forwarded a link to this thread to PlayerOne and asked if they have any suggestions.

cheers,

Robin
lpalbou

Post by lpalbou »

Any update on that ?

I just received the player one M and it has that exact same issue - horrible horizontal banding. I have to do more tests but i have never seen that on any zwo camera i have (although i don’t have the 174mm)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I've normally found that Player One cameras are actually very good in terms of the amount of banding (lower than comparable cameras with the same sensor from other manufacturers), but obviously there is always a chance of an issue with a specific sample or model.

From the point of view of checking the banding, do make sure that you are comparing 'like for like' with other cameras - same gain, same exposure, same level of stretch of the displayed image (you will find banding in almost *any* CMOS camera if you stretch enough). It may be worth opening the camera in SharpCap with CTRL held down to stop SharpCap from restoring previous settings, just in case something you have adjsted has caused an issue and is now being restored each time you open the camera.

My belief is that a lot of this banding is caused by instability/noise in the voltage supply to the sensor, so check power supplies to the camera (if it uses 12V), and try if possible using a different PSU and a different PC to see if that helps (some PCs have noisy USB power).

If none of the above help, I'd suggest contacting Player One directly to get their advice. Right now they are out of the office due to the Chinese Lunar New Year, but they should be back online next week.

cheers,

Robin