ATIK 314L+ color ... not color!

Cherubino

ATIK 314L+ color ... not color!

Post by Cherubino »

Hello,

first time here with you so... be patient.
Using sharp cap for a long period and have also the last version "PRO".
The first time I encounter this problem with a color camera.. opening my "new" ATIK 314L+ color ccd Sharpcap offers only the MONO 16 mode.
The pictures are "debayerized" with many little pixel grey and black. Of course no resolution, and so on...
I tried to reinstall drivers from ATIK site and tried also with an old Sharpcap version (3.2....)
Any suggestions?
Someone else has a similar problem?

Thanks to everyone.

Paolo
admin
Site Admin

Re: ATIK 314L+ color ... not color!

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually I have a 314L+ colour here, and I have just tested and it is showing RAW16 as the colour space option and showing colour.

A couple of questions...

* Are you using the direct support for Atik cameras in SharpCap (not the ASCOM driver)? - I tested direct support.
* Are you using binning at all? - with binning higher than 1x1 then the colour is lost and the camera will show as MONO16

I just updated to the latest Atik core software (2021.11.02) and tested again - colour still looks OK.

If none of the above helps then please turn on additional logging of camera communications (https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Logging%20Tab) then open the camera - the extra log information should contain a number of lines like those shown below:

Code: Select all

Verbose	14:22:30.925468	#1 	Camera : SharpCap.Cameras.Atik.AtikSdk.ArtemisColourProperties :: Starting ArtemisColourProperties(101, ARTEMIS_COLOUR_UNKNOWN, 0, 0, 0, 0)
Verbose	14:22:30.925468	#1 	Camera : SharpCap.Cameras.Atik.AtikSdk.ArtemisColourProperties :: Completed (returned null) ArtemisColourProperties(101, ARTEMIS_COLOUR_RGGB, 1, 0, 0, 0)
These show where SharpCap queries the colour/mono status of the camera - in this case getting the result that the camera is colour. It will be interesting to see what shows up in your log.

cheers,

Robin
Cherubino

Post by Cherubino »

Hello Robin,

thanks for your reply, really nice... but... nothing change.. :-(
I try all you have suggest me.
Also uninstall sharpcap and install again, uninstall last CORE ATIK, same version you mentioned.
Tried to log waht you said in the "sharpcap control".

Only a thing: I can't understand where to find the script lines you told me about EXTRA LOG INFORMATION

I tried also with ARTEMIS (original Atik software) and the camera show ONLY debayered black and white images

Paolo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you turn on the extra logging in File->Settings->Logging Tab ... do that before opening the camera
You see the log in Help->Show Log

You will probably want to close the camera pretty quickly if you do this, as it will log many lines for every image captured!

It almost sounds like your camera is somehow responding to the system as a mono camera if you are seeing the same in Artemis. If that does turn out to be the case I can make a small change to allow the debayer to be turned on manually for Atik cameras that claim to be mono. I already allow this for ASCOM cameras as some incorrectly report their colour/mono status...

cheers,

Robin