Capture Profile Name

smithn00

Capture Profile Name

Post by smithn00 »

I have SC setup to auto load the previous profile on startup. It seems to do that looking at the activity at bottom left of the screen. However the name of the loaded profile does not show up in Capture Profiles.
Is that normal?
I am running the latest veersion of SC on Windows 10.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Capture Profile Name

Post by admin »

Hi,

no, not normal as far as I can see - I just tested this and it seems to work fine for me (name of profile shown after opening the camera). Could you create a log and share it please (one that shows the camera being opened and loading the default profile) - I will check if something is going wrong. I could imagine that maybe if the profile contains a value that cannot be applied, it might not work...

cheers,

Robin
smithn00

Post by smithn00 »

Here is the GPS log. If another log is required, please tell me where it is.
Attachments
GPSLog_2022-03-13T16_59_37-13392.log
(633.99 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it's the main log that I need, not the GPS log, see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Show%20Log

cheers,

Robin
smithn00

Post by smithn00 »

I believe this is it.
Log_2022-03-14T10_20_30-15872.txt
(428.29 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that's the right log file.

In that log, the only capture profiles that are loaded are the special '_autosave' profiles that are used to store the camera settings when you close the camera so that they can be restored the next time that you open it. Loading an '_autosave' profile does not set the name of the profile in the UI - that is deliberate. If that's the case that you are seeing then everything is working as it should (and the name should appear if you load a profile that you have created and given a different name to).

cheers,

Robin
smithn00

Post by smithn00 »

Yes, that describes what I am seeing.. But why is thst deliberate? When SC starts and preview frames began to appear, I expected to see the name ofthe current profile and all associated parameters in the Camera Controll Panel.

Not looking for an argument, just curious.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

capture profiles that you create yourself - 'focus', 'eaa', 'deep sky', 'lunar', etc tend to have camera setting values in them that mean something to you, and also tend to stay the same once you create them. That means it makes sense to show the name so you know what you have loaded (and also so you can save easily to adjust the profile if you want).

'Autosave' is different - it's just the camera settings from the last time you closed the camera, and the next time you close the camera it will be overwritten with whatever settings are in place then. Really, autosave should be entirely invisible to the user I suppose -it's just me using the capture profile mechanism to implement the auto setting restore feature. That's why there isn't really much point in showing 'Autosave' in the capture profile area, since it doesn't really mean much to anyone.

cheers,

Robin