Page 1 of 1

SharpCap cannot read my camera files

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:14 pm
by rjfletch
Hi Robin,

I wanted to use SharpCap to Live Stack images from my older SBIG ST-2000XCM OSC camera (I know it's a dinosaur but it works very nicely for EAA). I tried to use the Monitor Folder camera option but SharpCap is unable to read the native files from my camera. I use Maxim DL to acquire the images. If I resave the images in TIFF format I can view them in Sharpcap but this would not be feasible while live imaging. Here is a link to an image in FITS format from my camera:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhIvL3keF9AVkXedb8Q ... s?e=pHfCTt

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Richard

Re: SharpCap cannot read my camera files

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:47 pm
by admin
Hi Richard,

SharpCap is not happy about the BAYERPAT header in the FITS file being 'VALID' - it is expecting something like 'BGGR' or 'RGGB'. I will alter the code to ignore that header if it is not an expected value, which will allow the files to be loaded. Watch out for the next SharpCap 4.0 update (probably next week) which will contain this change.

thanks,

Robin

Re: SharpCap cannot read my camera files

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:39 pm
by rjfletch
Hi Robin,

Thanks very much. I'll watch out for the update.

- RIchard