Live stacking main screen only shows black and white image

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
Duncan

Live stacking main screen only shows black and white image

Post by Duncan »

Guys

Help needed.

For some reason when I am live stacking from the folder monitor camera I only see a B and W image on the main screen?

The main histogram shows the individual peaks , but the small histogram in the RHS menu does not.

I am stacking fits images taken with a ASI 294 MC Pro which I have checked are colour images, colour space is set for RAW 16 and debayer preview is set for Force RGGB which is I believe correct for my camera , is there a switch I am missing here ?

Duncan
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live stacking main screen only shows black and white image

Post by admin »

Hi Duncan,

the first thing that comes to mind is to check whether you have accidentally turned the live stack saturation adjustment (the most right-hand of the 4 colour balance controls) down to minimum? That would give you an effectively monochrome image on screen in spite of all the settings being correct in terms of RAW16/Bayer pattern, etc.

Other than that, check that you are on the most up-to-date SharpCap 4 - just in case it's an old issue that has now been fixed. I just tested with the latest version and get correct colour in a similar setup unless I turn down the saturation.

cheers,

Robin