Setting up Sharpcap with Stellarium

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
jeruss

Setting up Sharpcap with Stellarium

Post by jeruss »

Greetings, I need to know what mount option do I select under the hardware tab in order to get sharpcap plate solving to work with stellarium as my planetarium program. I have been using cpwi but it has a very limited database. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Setting up Sharpcap with Stellarium

Post by admin »

Hi,

the way this would work is that you set up both SharpCap and Stellarium to talk to CPWI - they share access to the mount hardware via CPWI, and you can then use Stellarium to do things like find targets and slew to them and SharpCap to do plate solving.

cheers,

Robin
jeruss

Post by jeruss »

Thanks for the reply. Now I just need to figure out how to setup stellarium to talk to cpwi
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

modern versions of Stellarium come with a pre-installed 'Telescope Control' plugin - bring up the configuration window (F2), selec 'Plug Ins', scroll down to Telescope Control and click 'Configure' to get started setting it up to talk to CPWI.

cheers,

Robin
jeruss

Post by jeruss »

Thanks so much for this info. I will try this.
abillionnewstars

Post by abillionnewstars »

Sorry for coming late to this discussion but what is "CPWI" ??
MarMax

Post by MarMax »

It's Celestron PWI telescope control software.

https://www.celestron.com/pages/celestr ... l-software
jidon

Post by jidon »

Thank you MarMax for sharing the link. I would also like to set up Sharpcap with Stellarium, so I will need that.
Pisces and Scorpion are a good couple. That's why the percentage of love at first sight between a Scorpio woman and a Pisces man is 96%.
OAVP6554084@

Post by OAVP6554084@ »

Hello All

Just walking around looking for information about how to interact Sharcap 4.1 with a Planetarium Software, I found this interesting search result.

I read here: "the way this would work is that you set up both SharpCap and Stellarium to talk to CPWI - they share access to the mount hardware via CPWI, and you can then use Stellarium to do things like find targets and slew to them and SharpCap to do plate solving."

Would it work if I do the same setup with my Planetarium Software "Starry Night 8" ? :?:

Thanks

Looking forward to hearing from you

Orlando
kaymann

Post by kaymann »

OAVP6554084@ wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:25 am Hello All

Just walking around looking for information about how to interact Sharcap 4.1 with a Planetarium Software, I found this interesting search result.

I read here: "the way this would work is that you set up both SharpCap and Stellarium to talk to CPWI - they share access to the mount hardware via CPWI, and you can then use Stellarium to do things like find targets and slew to them and SharpCap to do plate solving."

Would it work if I do the same setup with my Planetarium Software "Starry Night 8" ? :?:

Thanks

Looking forward to hearing from you

Orlando
Yes