FITS header control

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
admin
Site Admin

Re: FITS header control

Post by admin »

Hi Ray,

you can already set a custom frame type via the sequencer, so I think it is reasonable to allow it to be changed via the toolbar too (like you can enter your own target name or choose from the list).

cheers,

Robin
Ray Hansen

Post by Ray Hansen »

Hello Robin,

Your answer left me a little confused. Are you agreeing to make a change here, or are you saying we already have a customization capability?
The sequencer and the tool bar have drop down lists with set entries. I can't make a frame typ entry of Flat Dark. If I use the Sharpcap option of Dark Flat (which I think you intend to be the same thing), Pixinsight sees the file as a flat, and sorts it that way for preprocessing, which is, of course, wrong. It really is a dark frame. So I usually run a bulk editor to change the value to what is needed for PI. If you give me an option to enter my own frametyp value, I can eliminate this editor step. Like I said, its a little thing.

best regards,
Ray
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ray,

what I was trying to say (obviously not very clearly, sorry) was that in the main sequence editor the drop down list of frame types also allows you to type in your own custom frame type (rather than just choosing from the drop down). I have made a change to allow that in the dropdown in the toolbar too. Hopefully that will solve the problem for you.

cheers,

Robin
Ray Hansen

Post by Ray Hansen »

Thank you Robin, but I must be doing something wrong. I'm intending to type Flat Dark, but as soon as I type the 'F', the entry is completed with the preprinted type 'Flat Frames'. Am I typing in the wrong place?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ray,

it's in the sequencer - like this
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (65.87 KiB) Viewed 356 times
For the next update I will enable the editing in the toolbar too,

Cheers,

Robin