Flea3 GigE Camera 28S4M-C FlyCap Works, SharpCap not yet

jim@rocktreesky

Flea3 GigE Camera 28S4M-C FlyCap Works, SharpCap not yet

Post by jim@rocktreesky »

An excited newbie to astrophotography. Downloaded the latest of FlyCapture2 viewer via the SDK x86 as well as SharpCap (paid for the pro in support of the work). My camera is located and works on the the FlyCap Viewer but is not locatable when I open SharpCap. I've been a mac guy for the last 20 years, but I'm not entirely windows illiterate. Can anybody help? Thank you so much. We are using this setup at school to try and get some of my students interested in astrophotography through starting with the Sun. We are loving our Lunt 60 DS. Thanks again for any help. :D
Jim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Flea3 GigE Camera 28S4M-C FlyCap Works, SharpCap not yet

Post by admin »

Hi Jim,

does the camera not show at all in the list of cameras in SharpCap, or does it show but then fail to work when you select it?

Either way, posting the SharpCap log after trying to use the camera would help as it is likely that any errors happening will be recorded in the log.

cheers,

Robin
jim@rocktreesky

Post by jim@rocktreesky »

And... it's working. I did the typical American thing as in "if some is good, more must be better!" Yesterday afternoon I downloaded the 32 bit version to replace the 64 bit of sharpcap and viola! I guess I should have followed the recommendation on the webpage. All the Best!
Jim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jim,

I think that if you install the 64 bit FlyCapture then maybe the 64 bit SharpCap will start working too. Anyway, good to hear that you are in business :)

cheers,

Robin