Software glitch in auto focussing

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Moorefam

Software glitch in auto focussing

Post by Moorefam »

Robin,
I have just been using the multi star focussing routine in Sharpcap 4 again and come across something that hasn't happened previously. After selecting multi star focussing in focus assistant and looking at the star field, I click on a small box top RHS that says "select an area of the image etc" and a small red box appears top LHS and I usually drag a corner to make it bigger to select lots of stars. This time a short line appeared with arrows on either side as a pointer. I could move this around, but the whole program froze and I couldn't select anything, so had to shut it down outside the program. I tried it again with the same response.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Software glitch in auto focussing

Post by admin »

Hi,

as a quick workaround, try double clicking anywhere on the image - that resets the selection box to about half of the visible area - maybe that will work around the freeze.

Are you getting a prompt to report the freeze? If SharpCap does lock up then that should appear after about 60 seconds of 'not responding'. If it does appear, please submit the report as it will help me track down the issue.

thanks,

Robin
Moorefam

Post by Moorefam »

Robin,
OK I will try the double click trick next time I am out. It's puzzling it hasn't happed to be before as I use the red box a lot for focussing.
I didn't get a prompt or I didn't wait long enough. The program was completely frozen though and I couldn't close it from within the program. I have often seen a prompt for a bug report to be sent and have clicked on it but I don't know how they would get to you?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you send choose to send the bug report and you are connected to the internet then the report gets uploaded straight away to a web server - I then look at those reports a few times a week to see what has been going wrong and if I can fix it. If you are not connected to the internet then the report can either be sent manually (saved as a zip file to send to me), or you can still choose to upload it, which should do the upload the next time you run SharpCap and *are* connected to the internet.

cheers,

Robin