Strange Adjustment Issue

Using SharpCap's Polar Alignment feature
Laid_Back_Astro

Strange Adjustment Issue

Post by Laid_Back_Astro »

Hey everyone, I am having a strange issue and I’m not sure if it is a mount issue or PA software issue. When polar aligning it plate solves normally. I rotate and it tells me what the alignment is etc. it’s when I go to make the adjustments… Up and Down adjustments are instant on screen. But when I need to make left or right adjustments nothing changes. If I need to make a left adjustments of let’s say 2 arc mins I’ll twist the knobs on the mount left.. wait… and nothing happens. Repeat after waiting…again nothing. If I keep adjusting eventually it all of a sudden changes saying right X amount… I have to be missing something here. Up/Down adjustments are literally instant. Got me stumped! Any help or ideas? Oh the mount is EQ6R pro and I am using the 1600mm on a WO GT 71
admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange Adjustment Issue

Post by admin »

Hi,

Could it be a mechanical thing - if your mount head is tightened down pretty firmly onto the tripod/pier then its hard to make it move left/right. I have to loosen the bolt holding down the mount before I can make left/right adjustments and then tighten again afterwards.

cheers,

Robin
Laid_Back_Astro

Ahhhh yes I did not think about that! I will give that a look tonight. Definitely sounds like it could be it!
Laid_Back_Astro

Yup that seems to have been the problem! Thank you Robin for the help! Crazy that hadn’t crossed my mind at all haha