Sensor analysis with script problem

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor analysis with script problem

Post by admin »

Hi Hardy,

glad yours is working now :)

Hi Rainer,

I can't see why yours is not working - both from the point of view of not being able to see a way that the custom gain code can be bypassed any more, and also I just tested custom gains with a QHY camera and they seemed to work fine :(

I will add some extra logging code to try to track down what is going on for the next update.

cheers,

Robin
Daniel P.

Post by Daniel P. »

Hello Robin,

I did a sensor analysis with the QHY268 C today. The standard analysis in the 10 gain step also worked well, but to find the sweet spot between Gain51 and 59, I wanted to insert the following formula into the script editor:

SharpCap.SelectedCamera.SetGainsOfInterestForSensorAnalysis([51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59])

That did not work. it gives me the following error:

SharpCap scripting ready...
>>> SharpCap.SelectedCamera.SetGainsOfInterestForSensorAnalysis([51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59])
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Camera' object has no attribute 'SetGainsOfInterestForSensorAnalysis'
>>>

It seems like this is the same problem Rainer had in February. Have you solved this problem or can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Best regards
Daniel
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Daniel,

the only thing that I can think of is that perhaps you are still using an older build of SharpCap 4 that doesn't have the functionality to add the extra gains included. I've just tested in 4.0.9478 and seem to have no problem.

Can you update to the latest version on the downloads page and try again please?

cheers,

Robin