Remove Last Sub From Stack button

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
mikenoname

Remove Last Sub From Stack button

Post by mikenoname »

With the ever-increasing amount of orbital pollution (read: satellites) these days, it is much more common to have a satellite trail through your FOV during a stack.

I know the use of Sigma clipping can help attenuate their impact after the damage is done, but if we had a 'Remove Last Sub From Stack' button on the Livestack panel (hopefully that could be hotkeyed for quick operation), we could just eliminate tainted subs directly from the stack as they occur.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Remove Last Sub From Stack button

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

yep, satellites are something I want to deal with, and this is one way I am considering - there may be more options than this in the future.

cheers,

Robin
ChrisR Oz

Re: Remove Last Sub From Stack button

Post by ChrisR Oz »

I tend to delete satellite contaminated frames (shorter 60s subs help) to avoid the partial remnants of trails.
Perhaps a checkbox to delete a frame while stacking and a threshold on total pixels rejected would be a better option?
Cheers, Chris.
Celestron EdgeHD 8, reducer 0.7x, Star Sense, CGX-L mount, Focuser, CPWI; Starlight Xpress AO, OAG and Filter Wheel; ZWO 294MC/294MM Pro and 174MM mini; SharpCap Pro, PHD2, Powermate 2x, Baader Neodymium, Astronomik CLS-CCD, ZWO UV/IR, Duoband filters.