Warning if target name not set

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
MikeT

Warning if target name not set

Post by MikeT »

Robin,
Sometime when starting an imaging session I forget to set a Target Name - this then makes a mess of my chosen save filenames & folders.

Would you consider setting an (optional) warning if the user selects start capture or Live stack and the Target Name is blank ?
Ideally the warning dialog would also have the Target Name dropdown entry list so the user could correct the mistake and continue.

Thanks
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: Warning if target name not set

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

not a bad idea :)

On live stacking you should not need to worry - just enter the target name after the stack has started and SharpCap should rename everything for you behind the scenes, even if you have already started saving.

Also, if you use the 'Start Capture' button then SharpCap includes a box to enter the target name in the Start Capture window. Maybe I could highlight that in red if it is empty - would that be enough?

cheers,

Robin

PS both of the above are new in SC 4.0
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Robin,

I had not seen the LiveStack rename feature - yes seems to work well. But , of course, only if you spot your mistake in not setting the target before you finish the LiveStack

Highlightinging an empty target name box in StartCapture would be a good idea I think.

Thanks,
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

I will do the highlight thing now, since it is a really simple change. I have a note made to make something more comprehensive at a later date.

cheers,

Robin